The Vindicator is another Space Marine vehicle based upon the Rhino Standard Template Construct date. The Vindicator sacrifices its transport capacity in order to mount reinforced armour, additional internal bracing and ammunition storage. This is needed for the massive Demolisher cannon mounted on the front of the hull, supported by thick recoil suppressors. Chaos Vindicators were used extensively by the Traitor Legions during the Siege of the Imperial Palace, and have seen service in the Legions and with Renegade warbands all across the galaxy in the last ten thousand years.
This boxed set contains 1 multi-part plastic Chaos Vindicator.
Death to the False Emperor!
The Chaos Space Marines are superhuman traitors grown strong on the power of the Dark Gods. The ultimate nemesis of the Imperium, they surge from hidden lairs and hellish warp storms to fall without warning upon their victims. Murderous warriors clad in baroque power armour fight alongside teeming human Cultists and hulking Chaos Terminators; gargoyle-mouthed daemon engines stomp to war alongside growling battle tanks and hosts of malevolent entities spawned from the warp. Leading this malefic throng are the Champions of Chaos, evil warlords who have plagued the empire of Man for ten thousand years and more. Now, as the skies bleed raw Chaos energy, their time has come. Let the galaxy burn!
Codex: Chaos Space Marines contains a wealth of background and rules äóñ the definitive book for Chaos Space Marines collectors. Within its pages, youäó»ll find:
- Let the Galaxy Burn: the terrible origin of the Chaos Space Marines, their betrayal of the Emperor during the Horus Heresy that ushered in an era of damnation, a timeline detailing the Ages of Betrayal, Retribution and Apotheosis with key battles and atrocities in gruesome detail (with a further timeline detailing the horrors of Abaddonäó»s various Crusades) and a map detailing the current, tainted state of the galaxy;
- Information and details of the 7 major Chaos Legions äóñ The Black Legion, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, World Eaters and Emperoräó»s Children äóñ with histories, key battles, heraldries and colour schemes for each;
- An in-depth look at each of the characters and units available to each Chaos Space Marines army, with appropriately grisly background;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the Chaos Space Marines expertly painted by the äóÖEavy Metal team.
Everything needed to get your Chaos Space Marines ready for galaxy-smashing combat in games of Warhammer 40,000 is within:
- 45 datasheets covering the Chaos Space Marines range, featuring their rules and statistics for use in games;
- Army abilities and wargear lists, alongside a brief explanation of their use and the use of keywords;
- Rules profiles for every piece of wargear and every weapon in the Chaos Space Marinesäó» arsenal;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Rules for Battle-forged armies äóñ 8 Legion Traits, 1 for each of the original Legions and 1 for Renegade Chapters;
- 24 Stratagems of which are Legion-specific; the Dark Hereticus psychic discipline with its 3 powers specific to the Marks of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh and 14 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Space Marines;
- 6 Warlord Traits usable by any Chaos Space Marines Warlord and a further 7 which are Legion-specific;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives for Chaos Space Marines.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives, psychic powers and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 72 cards äóñ each featuring artwork on the reverse äóñ is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Chaos Space Marines gamer. Included:
View full product details
- 10 psychic power cards - 6 from the Dark Hereticus psychic discipline along with Smite, Weaver of Fates, Miasma of Pestilence and Delightful Agonies;
- 24 Chaos Space Marines Stratagems as found in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, featuring 7 Chapter-specific Stratagems (1 each for Alpha Legion, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Emperor's Children, Night Lords, and Black Legion);
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 Chaos Space Marine specific Objectives from Codex: Chaos Space Marines.
An enormous toolkit of rules, updates and ways to play, Chapter Approved is an essential purchase for any Warhammer 40,000 player. Expanding upon the rules found in the Warhammer 40,000 book, this 128-page softback book contains narrative-driven battles and scenarios depicting brutal sieges, exciting new ways to play, mechanics for designing your own vehicles and a host of new rules to take to the battlefield.
Split into 3 sections äóñ Open Play, Narrative Play and Matched Play äóñ with explanations and expansions of the rules for each.
Games of Warhammer 40,000 with few restrictions, where players are free to invent their own stories and frameworks with unlimited force sizes äóñ this is Open Play. Chapter Approved provides the following guides to making your Open Play games as open and fun as possible:
- Apocalypse: huge, dramatic tabletop conflicts in which hundreds of infantry and squadrons of vehicles are locked in desperate conflict, games of Apocalypse are Warhammer 40,000 turned up to 11. Combine armies into immense forces, unleash terrifying super-heavy war engines äóñ Apocalypse is your gateway to truly epic battles.Chapter Approved features a comprehensive guide to running games of Apocalypse, from 3 missions, ideas for multi-table battles and recommendations for an officiated game featuring an Umpire with special influence over the battle.
- Land Raider variants: this is a set of guidelines on designing your own datasheets for Land Raider conversions, meaning totally new variants for your games made completely by you! There are 5 example datasheets covering Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Chaos Space Marines tanks, and a blank datasheet for you to create your own, whatever Chapter you choose.
Narrative Play games are characterised by pre-generated storylines that often take in entire worlds embroiled in war, from the initial invasions to the bloody battles that follow. Chapter Approved provides rules and missions that the players can chain together, following a conflict from the initial spark to its brutal denouement:
- Planetstrike: rules for playing games of devastating planetary assaults, with one player taking the role of attacker and the other defending, each using the new Warlord Traits, Stratagems and detachments designed for this play style. Included are 6 Planetstrike missions, along with 6 examples of common battlefield deployments;
- Stronghold Assault: rules for games in which players fight over fortified war zones, again deciding between them the roles of attacker and defender. This includes unique Abilities, Warlord Traits, Detachments and Stratagems, as well as 6 Stronghold Assault missions;
- Rules are included for linking games together in linear, narrative-led campaigns, with losses and victories deciding advantages in subsequent games;
- Datasheets for the following 11 fortifications: Aegis Defence Line, Imperial Bastion, Imperial Defence Line, Imperial Bunker, Vengeance Weapon Battery, Plasma Obliterator, Firestorm Redoubt, Macro-cannon Aquila Strongpoint, Vortex Missile Aquila Strongpoint, Void Shield Generator, Skyshield Landing Pad.
For many players, the thrill of Warhammer 40,000 is in testing their mettle against equally-powerful opponents in games where the fight is not decided by who has the biggest gun. When battle-forged armies go to war, victory will go to the commander who has fortune, strategy and cunning on their side. Included in this book:
- 6 Eternal War missions, providing challenges such as hidden mission goals and reserve forces storming in, turn after turn, creating havoc on a catastrophic scale;
- 6 Maelstrom of War missions, offering new permutations of the game and introducing fresh challenges äóñ secret orders, strategic gambles and split-second opportunity feature here;
- 4 new Matched Play mission rules, including rules for targeting characters, using understrength units, clarification on the use of the Command Re-roll Stratagem who which unit types can claim objectives;
- Faction rules: additional rules including Stratagems, abilities, Warlord Traits and psychic powers for Adepta Sororitas, Deathwatch, Drukhari, Genestealer Cults, Harlequins, Imperial Knights, Necrons, Orks, Space Wolves, Täó»au Empire, and Thousand Sons;
- A guide to creating your own objective markers, themed to your own army, with examples for Imperial, Chaos, Necrons, Tyranids, Drukhari, Täó»au Empire, and Orks.
The Appendix features a collection of supplementary content which can be used in any games of Warhammer 40,000. Included:
- Rules for a range of terrain, including Deathworld Forests (Eldritch Ruins, Grapple Weed, Shardwrack Spine, and Barbed Venomgorse) and Sector Mechanicus (Haemotrope Reactor, Thermic Plasma Regulators, and Thermic Plasma Conduits);
- Battlezone: Industrial Worlds äóñ use Sector Mechanicus scenery to add height advantages and tap into plasma feeds to increase your weaponsäó» potential;
- Battlezone: Empyric Storms äóñ rules for fighting amidst a violent warp tide, with 36 events that can affect your armies, surroundings and psychic powers;
- A guide to setting up and running Ladder campaigns;
- An explanation of Battle-forged armies, creating Detachments and Army Rosters;
- Updated points values for a variety of units and wargear for both Citadel and Forge World miniatures, based on feedback from the gaming community.
The mightiest servants of the Dark Gods are blessed with monstrous power and life unending amongst the Slaves to Darkness. Each Daemon Prince was once a devoted servant of Chaos, whose actions in life have earned him blessings beyond counting and elevation to daemonhood.
This multi-part plastic kit contains all the parts necessary to assemble one Daemon Prince. This 34-piece set includes: three head variants, three different weapon arms, wings and a host of other assembly options, and is supplied with one Citadel 60mm Round base.
Casting vindictive glares at their enemies and blasting them apart with mystical fire, Blue Horrors are as resentful and bitter as their pink cousins are gleeful and capricious. Muttering glumly, Blue Horrors cast azure flames from their fingertips, stomping and protesting as they do so. Should a Blue Horror be slain, it groans and flashes into flame as a pair of Brimstone Horrors replaces it.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble 10 pairs of Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch. Tiny creatures of pure malice, they caper about on their bases just as you would expect those made of fire to do. Also included are the parts you need to make 10 Blue Horrors of Tzeentch. Eyes full of fury and large mouths full of teeth, some pose with their talons outstretched to hack at their foe, others wield magical flames that dance about their fingertips. Covered in decorations, jewellery and feathers, they also include flames for their bases.
This kit comprises 40 components, and is supplied with 20 Citadel 25mm Round bases.
Gibbering nonsense with lunatic energy the luminescent Pink Horrors whirl and flail their arms, generating raw magic that fills the air. En masse, the Pink Horrors give rise to so much arcane force that they can hurl blasts of unnatural fire at the enemy. In combat the Pink Horrors use their powerful hands to choke and, should they be slain, they split in twain to form two Blue Horrors.
This set contains ten multi-part, multi-limbed plastic Pink Horrors. This set includes all of the components needed to assemble a hornblower, an icon bearer (with immense, flaming Tzeentchian icon) and an Iridescent Horror, a champion who gleefully doles out death with his grasping hands.
This kit comprises 55 components, and is supplied with 10 Citadel 32mm Round bases.
The Defiler was fashioned at the command of Abaddon the Despoiler. It is a six-legged machine with savage hooks and barbs along its limbs. The Defiler lays waste to the ground it moves over and batters down the strongest defences with its mighty battle cannon.
This super boxed set contains 1 multi-part plastic Chaos Defiler, including a twin-link reaper autocannon, heavy flamer and close combat weapons.
Maulerfiends thunder towards the foe like giant attack beasts loosed from the leash. Their eyes glow with balefire as ectoplasmic drool drizzles from their fanged maws.
The Chaos Space Marine Maulerfiend is a hulking model from which numerous barbed, segmented tendrils are unfurled. A fusion of metal and flesh that manifests in brutal creations, they feature a mind-boggling array of details, from vents, stretched skulls, wires, bundles of cables, pistons, cogs, spikes, claws through to their hoof-like feet, and the Mark of Chaos is emblazoned across the carapace.
This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 67 components and a large oval base, with which to build one Chaos Space Marine Maulerfiend or Forgefiend. On this kit, the heads and arms are swappable.
This kit is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.