Chanting rites of banishment, the elite brotherhoods of the Grey Knights stride fearlessly into battle against the worst horrors of the galaxy. They wear blessed silver battle-plate and wield potent weapons of purgation, each a master-wrought relic whose worth can be measured in worlds. Every battle-brother of this Chapter is a powerful psyker, his will an adamant fortress and his mental powers a honed blade. As the galaxy becomes ever darker, the selflessly heroic Grey Knights fight unbowed.
View full product details
Codex: Grey Knights contains a wealth of background and rules äóñ the definitive book for Grey Knights collectors. Within this 102-page hardback, youäó»ll find:
- The Emperoräó»s Gift: a glimpse into the mysteries of the Grey Knights, their secretive history, the fortress on Titan where they are created and laid to rest and the rituals and canticles that define their struggle against daemonkind; - The unique organisation of the Grey Knights äóñ defined by their struggle against the Dark Gods, this Chapter is split into 8 Brotherhoods, each detailed here;
- Heraldry of Titan: details of the unique heraldry and armour etchings borne by this Chapter;
- A timeline of the Grey Knights, from their origins beneath a veil of secrecy, major battles and struggles leading up to the current dire state of the galaxy äóñ and the Grey Knightsäó» potential, drastic strategic response to this;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Grey Knights army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the Grey Knights expertly painted by the äóÖEavy Metal team.
Everything you need to get a Grey Knights army primed for heroic combat against the daemonic threat in games of Warhammer 40,000 is here:
- 32 datasheets containing rules for every Grey Knights unit;
- Army abilities reflecting the Grey Knightsäó» methods of war;
- The Armoury of Titan: wargear both ranged and close-combat used by the Grey Knights;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- The Hammer of Daemons: rules for Battle-forged armies:
- 6 unique Warlord Traits,
- 16 unique Stratagems (with a focus on the psychic might of this army),
- the Relics of Titan (6 rare artefacts unique to the Grey Knights),
- the unique Sanctis psychic discipline, available to all Grey Knights psykers;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives, psychic powers and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 62 cards äóñ each featuring artwork on the reverse äóñ is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Grey Knights gamer. Included:
View full product details
- 7 psychic power cards - 6 from the Sanctic psychic discipline, along with Smite;
- 16 Grey Knights Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Grey Knights army as found in Codex: Grey Knights (excluding auxillary Detachments), along with 3 Stratagems äóñ Command Re-roll, Counter-Offensive and Insane Bravery äóñ from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 Grey Knights specific Objectives from Codex: Grey Knights.
Sold Out $19.25
Aldrik Voldus, Warden of the Librarius, wields more psychic might than any Grey Knight seen in centuries. The very air crackles around as he focuses his mind and bends the colossal energies of the warp to his will. With a word, purifying flames pour forth from the head of his ornate Nemesis Daemon hammer äóñ the Malleus Argyrum äóñ turning Chaos-tainted flesh bone and armour into pillars of ash. Heretic war engines halt as their twisted machine spirits are rent from their chassis. In Voldusäó» grip reality constricts, and the helms of his enemies are crushed by invisible force; just as easily can Voldus sharpen the minds of his fellow Grey Knights, allowing them to channel their reserves into strikes that can bring low all but the largest of Daemons.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Grand Master Voldus, Warden of the Librarius. This is a miniature absolutely brimming with details, as befits a Grand Master of his power and reputation. His Terminator armour features numerous sacred inscriptions, along with plenty of skulls, chains and magical tomes. His legendary hammer, standing as tall as Voldus himself, is replete with purity seals and cabling reflecting its purpose as a conduit for his psychic energies, and he wields a wrist-mounted storm bolter on his left arm.
Grand Master Voldus comes as 7 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round base.
Equipped with a wide variety of close combat and ranged weapons, Grey Knight Paladins are the boldest, most noble warriors in the Grey Knights Chapter.
These Grey Knights Paladin models feature an array of staggering detail, from the rich iconography of the Grey Knights, books and skulls through to elegant purity seals, chains, rippled garments, and the personal heraldry upon their shoulder. Their armour-style, whilst clearly that of a Space Marine, suggests a more ancient design influence, and their wide-standing poses indicates the immense power of the Grey Knights.
This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 153 components and five 40mm round bases with which to make either a Grey Knight Paladin Squad or Grey Knight Terminator Squad. There is an array of weaponry and unit upgrades including Nemesis falchions, Nemesis force halberds, a Nemesis Daemon hammer, a Nemesis warding stave, a psycannon, a psilencer and an incinerator.
This kit is unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
¥éËStrike Squads often form the vanguard of a Grey Knights strike force. Equipped with lighter armour than the main Terminator Squads, these veterans strike swiftly and surely, and are able to slip through gaps in the enemy line. At the onset of battle, a Grey Knights commander will invariably task one or more Strike Squads with the capture of vital locations and key objectives, deploying via fixed teleporter to ensure the rapid seizure of isolated or inaccessible locations. These Squads are essential äóñ without their reconnaissance and preparation, the Terminator Squads would be a hammer swung blindly in the darkness.
This multi-part plastic kit contains ten Grey Knights with Nemesis force swords, one of which can be built as the unit leader, a Justicar. The models are covered in the inscriptions, purity seals and other details you would expect from this army, and the Justicar features a unique helmetless head. There is an array of weaponry and unit upgrades including Nemesis falchions, Nemesis force halberds, a Nemesis Daemon hammer, a Nemesis warding stave, two psycannons, a psilencer and an incinerator.
This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 236 components and 10 Citadel 32mm Round bases with which to make a Grey Knight Strike Squad.
Please note: these miniatures can also be assembled as a Grey Knight Interceptor Squad, a Grey Knight Purifier Squad or a Grey Knight Purgation Squad.
ŒæView full product details
Sold Out $46.25
Standing three times the height of a man, these towering war machines bare powerful weapons and are as lethal at range as in close assault. A chapter's Dreadnoughts are treasured relics, only awoken in great need. Encased inside every Dreadnought, lies a mighty space marine hero, who has suffered grievous wounds in battle, saved only by his interment.
This box set contains one multi-part plastic Space Marine Dreadnought and includes enough parts to make: an assault cannon, a twin-linked lascannon, a powerfist and a missile launcher - allowing you to customise your Dreadnoughts armament. Model is supplied with a 60mm scenic base.
Standing three times the height of a man, these towering war machines bear powerful weapons and are as lethal at range as in close assault. A chapter's Dreadnoughts are treasured relics, only awoken in great need. Encased inside every Dreadnought lies a mighty Space Marine hero, who has suffered grievous wounds in battle, saved only by his internment. Venerable Dreadnoughts bring their wisdom to the Chapter in times of peace, and immense battlefield experience in times of war.
This box set contains one multi-part plastic Space Marine Venerable Dreadnought. This 84-piece set includes: a plasma cannon, an assault cannon, a twin-linked lascannon, a heavy flamer, a storm bolter, two different power fists including an ornate one, and a set of smoke launchers. Also included are: two different sets of ornate leg guards, three different helmets, six purity seals, two different pennants, a range of different sarcophagus armour plates, several sarcophagus designs, and a host of Crux Terminatus and other Imperial icons.
The Landraider is the single most destructive weapon in the Adeptus Astartes' arsenal. Protected by bonded ceramite and adamantium armour, the Landraider is impervious to all bar the most destructive weaponry. Equally impressive are its armaments - four lascannon and twin-linked heavy bolters allow the Land Raider to deliver punishing support fire capable of decimating enemy infantry and tanks alike.
This box set contains one multi-part plastic Space Marine Land Raider. This large 101-piece kit can be assembled with the twin-linked lascannon sponsons towards the front or the back of the vehicle, and has a working assault hatch to the front.
As the Crusader was a modification of the original Land Raider, so is the Redeemer an evolution of the Crusader design.
Like all mighty Space Marine tanks, the Land Raider Redeemer features incredibly solid armouring on all sides, and comes with metal panels, hatches, rivets and searchlight, all o which gives you a remarkably powerful addition for your Space Marine collection. The kit contains a jaw-dropping range of weaponry: two sets of hurricane bolters, a twin-linked assault cannon, a multi-melta, two flamestorm cannons, and frag assault launchers äóñ all of which gives you plenty of options for personalisation.
This box set contains 124 components with which to make either a Land Raider Redeemer or a Land Raider Crusader.
This set is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
The Razorback is heavily armed variant of the Rhino troop transport that sacrifices a portion of its transport capacity for turret-mounted armament, normally a twin-linked lascannon or heavy bolter.
This boxed set contains 1 multi-part plastic Space Marine Razorback, includes options for heavy bolter and lascannon turret.
Rhino armoured troop carriers are the mainstay of every Space Marine Chapter's vehicle pool. With an optimal balance of armour, transport capacity and manoeuvrability, the Rhino allows the Space Marine to swiftly redeploy, rush squads into positions of strategic advantage or conduct surgical strikes on the enemy line.
This boxed set contains 1 multi-part plastic Space Marine Rhino
An awesome sight, descending at incredible velocities from orbiting warships to engage and annihilate enemy craft, Stormhawk Interceptors are a stunning hymn to aerial superiority that the Space Marines sing with gusto. The frontal armour and huge firepower makes them excellent dogfighters, hurtling through the clouds to execute target after target in a blazing display of incendiary defiance. Often seen in Vehemence Attack Patterns, Stormhawk squadrons and their golden haloes of flares discharged to gently dissuade incoming fire are a signal that whatever planet the skies are over, they belong to the Emperor.
This multi-part plastic kit contains all the components necessary to assemble one Stormhawk Interceptor, ruler of the skies and destroyer of the Imperiumäó»s flying enemies. Armed with a twin-linked assault cannon, a las-talon (which can be replaced with an icarus stormcannon,) twin-linked heavy bolters (which can be replaced with either a skyhammer missile launcher or typhoon missile launcher) and an infernum halo-launcher. Supplied with a transfer sheet, one Citadel 120mmx92mm Oval base and a flying stem.
This kit can also be used to assemble the Stormtalon Gunship.
The Stormraven Gunship is an armoured versatile craft that combines the role of dropship, armoured transport and strike craft.
This multi-part plastic kit contains 116 components including every option available for the Stormraven from heavy bolters, assault cannons and plasma cannons through to Bloodstrike missiles and a modified magna-grapple. The kit also comes will full interior detail, which can be painted prior to assembly, and a clear plastic cockpit window through which you can see the pilot and the turret gunner.
This kit contains one Stormraven Gunship, a Flying Stem and a Large Oval Base.
There is no time for peace. No forgiveness. No respite. There is only war.
After more than forty thousand years of war and strife among the stars, Humanity stands on the brink of extinction. Beset on all sides by hostile aliens and threatened from within by traitors, Humanityäó»s only chance for survival rests with the continuation of the cruel and bloody regime known as the Imperium. Yet few among Mankindäó»s untold population realise the full truth of their situation. If there is any future at all, it is a grim oneäó?
A 280-page hardback, this is the essential book for any fan of Warhammer 40,000 äóñ everything you need to know to collect, build, paint and play with Citadel miniatures.
The Core Rules explain everything you need to play to play Warhammer 40,000. Moving, shooting, using psychic powers, charging, fighting and morale tests are covered, giving you the basic framework to play with. You can play a game using only these 8 pages, bolting on more advanced and complex rules when you and your opponent are ready.
Three Ways to Play
- Open Play äóñ pick some models, put them on the table and begin a game. This is the most flexible approach, designed with near-limitless possibilities; all you need is some models, their datasheets and the core rules. Included are some themes and ideas you can use or build upon to add atmosphere to your games, and 3 example missions.
- Narrative Play äóñ Warhammer 40,000 has a vast, rich history with countless epic battles. Narrative Play is designed to let you and your friends re-enact those battles at your leisure. There are special rules to help you do this, such as Concealed Deployment and unpredictable, random battle lengths, and the book includes several missions - 6 Crucible of War missions and 1 Echoes of War mission, each showing you how to play in this style.
- Matched Play äóñ for many players, Warhammer 40,000 is an opportunity to prove their mettle with tactics and strategy, an exercise in out-thinking and out-gunning their opponent with balanced, equal armies: Matched Play is for them. There are several ways to ensure that your forces are balanced against each other äóñ a points limit is the typical way, but the system is flexible enough to allow armies based on unit numbers, Power Ratings, Wounds; as long as your limits are agreed, the possibilities are manifold. This book provides details on choosing your armies, and provides missions as examples of the tactical challenges available: 6 Eternal War and 6 Maelstrom of War missions, with explanations covering the use of Tactical Objectives.
While the Core Rules provide with you with everything needed to play, the Advanced Rules are a selection of rules and expansions that can be used to play with your miniatures the way that you want to. With these rules, there are always new challenges to face, new battles to fight, and new ways to play:
- Battle-Forged Armies: organise your models in a way that reflects the armies of Warhammer 40,000 äóñ this places restrictions on your army, but makes up for it with powerful benefits, which use a system of Command Points;
- Battlefield Terrain: rules for a variety of terrains (Woods, Ruins, Barricades, Obstacles, Imperial Statuary, Fuel Pipes, Battlescape and Hills), each of which introduce scenarios and opportunities that change the nature of battle;
- Battlezones: rules for fighting amidst the effects of otherworldly environments, including low visibility, beneath an apocalyptic orbital battle and in the middle of a devastating psychic maelstrom;
- Planetstrike: slam down from orbit in a terrifying planetary assault. Two players are separated into Attacker and Defender, with scenarios that play out a full incursion and a Planetfall mission;
- Cities of Death: street fighting in the ruins of a shattered city, with buildings bitterly fought over äóñ the claustrophobia of urban warfare makes for tense battles with snipers and grenades coming to the fore. Includes a Firesweep mission for playing out room-to-room combat;
- Stronghold Assault: dig in for a game of fortified siege warfare. One player seeks to overwhelm the prepared defences of another, with a Bunker Assault mission included;
- Death From the Skies: dogfighting for your Flyer models, allowing the recreation of epic clashes above the battlefield. A Tactical Strike mission involves a defence against a bombing run;
- Multiplayer Battles: rules accommodating three (or more!) players, with an example of a multiplayer battle to work from;
- Campaigns: an overview of linking your games into Tree, Matrix and Map campaigns.
The book contains a full detailing of the state of the galaxy after the events of the Gathering Storm äóñ the major players, the struggles they face and the sheer grimness of eternal war, as Chaos threatens to engulf Humanity.
The Imperium of Man
Details of the various worlds within the Imperium, explanations of the Ecclesiarchy äóñ the official state religion of the Imperium, and the Ages of Mankind, with maps of important locations within the galaxy showing in stark detail how the Great Rift may have doomed Humanity forever.
Thereäó»s also an in-depth account of the current state of the Imperium äóñ the increased threat from Chaos and the steps being taken in order to counter them.
The Forces of Chaos
Youäó»ll find an explanation of the Chaos Gods äóñ who they are, their motivations and their methods äóñ along with the vile armies of the Heretic Astartes: Space Marines, once loyal, who now blindly follow the corrupt lure of Chaos, debasing themselves in battle for their dark masters.
The Xenos Threat
This book provides an overview of the major alien antagonists who populate the galaxy äóñ the Aeldari (Craftworld, Harlequins, Ynnari and Drukhari), Necrons, Orks, Tyranids, Genestealer Cults and Täó»au Empire. Each of these includes their backstory and guides to their equipment, hierarchies and weapons of war.
One of five books covering the range of Citadel miniatures used to play games of Warhammer 40,000, Index: Imperium 1 is an essential purchase for those wanting to play games of Warhammer 40,000, packed with updated rules and complete points values for Space Marines armies*.
It includes 207 datasheets covering the Space Marines range of miniatures, with overviews of a number of Chapters. Updated abilities, psychic powers, weapon profiles and points values allow you to field your collection in games of Warhammer 40,000. Thereäó»s also a blank army roster and detachment roster, which you are free to photocopy and use when building a Battle-Forged army in Matched Play games.
Covered in the 224-page softback book:
- An overview of the Space Marines, including a typical Chapter organisation;
- A Space Marines army list, with explanations of the Chapter keyword, the Librarius psychic discipline and the And They Shall Know No Fear Ability;
- 70 datasheets for Space Marines miniatures.
- An overview of the Ultramarines;
- 10 datasheets for Ultramarines miniatures.
- An overview of the Blood Angels;
- A Blood Angels army list, with the Sanguinary psychic discipline and And They Shall Know No Fear, Black Rage, and Jump Pack Assault abilities;
- 18 datasheets for Blood Angels miniatures.
- An overview of the Dark Angels;
- A Dark Angels army list, with the Interromancy psychic discipline and the And They Shall Know No Fear, Unforgiven and Jink Abilities;
- 26 datasheets for Dark Angels miniatures, including the Fortress of Redemption.
- An overview of the Space Wolves;
- A Space Wolves army list, with the Tempestus psychic discipline, Space Wolves Dreadnought wargear and the And They Shall Know No Fear ability;
- 46 datasheets for Space Wolves miniatures.
- An overview of the Deathwatch;
- A Deathwatch army list, with the Special Issue Ammunition and And They Shall Know No Fear abilities;
- 7 datasheets for Deathwatch miniatures.
- An overview of the Grey Knights;
- A Grey Knights army list, with the Sanctic psychic discipline, and the And They Shall Know No Fear, Daemon Hunters, Rites of Banishment and Teleport Strike abilities;
- 17 datasheets for Grey Knights miniatures.
- An overview of the Imperial Fists;
- A datasheet for Captain Lysander.
- An overview of the Crimson Fists;
- A datasheet for Pedro Kantor.
- An overview of the Black Templars;
- 5 datasheets for Black Templars miniatures.
- An overview of the Raven Guard;
- A datasheet for Kayvaan Shrike.
- An overview of the Salamanders;
- A datasheet for Vulkan He'stan.
- An overview of the White Scars;
- 2 datasheets for Kor'sarro Khan, on foot or on bike.
Legion of the Damned
- An overview of the Legion of the Damned;
- A datasheet for Legion of the Damned miniatures.
- An overview of the Flesh Tearers;
- A datasheet for Gabriel Seth.
* Non-Space Marine Imperial armies not covered in this book are catered for in Index: Imperium 2
An enormous toolkit of rules, updates and ways to play, Chapter Approved is an essential purchase for any Warhammer 40,000 player. Expanding upon the rules found in the Warhammer 40,000 book, this 128-page softback book contains narrative-driven battles and scenarios depicting brutal sieges, exciting new ways to play, mechanics for designing your own vehicles and a host of new rules to take to the battlefield.
Split into 3 sections äóñ Open Play, Narrative Play and Matched Play äóñ with explanations and expansions of the rules for each.
Games of Warhammer 40,000 with few restrictions, where players are free to invent their own stories and frameworks with unlimited force sizes äóñ this is Open Play. Chapter Approved provides the following guides to making your Open Play games as open and fun as possible:
- Apocalypse: huge, dramatic tabletop conflicts in which hundreds of infantry and squadrons of vehicles are locked in desperate conflict, games of Apocalypse are Warhammer 40,000 turned up to 11. Combine armies into immense forces, unleash terrifying super-heavy war engines äóñ Apocalypse is your gateway to truly epic battles.Chapter Approved features a comprehensive guide to running games of Apocalypse, from 3 missions, ideas for multi-table battles and recommendations for an officiated game featuring an Umpire with special influence over the battle.
- Land Raider variants: this is a set of guidelines on designing your own datasheets for Land Raider conversions, meaning totally new variants for your games made completely by you! There are 5 example datasheets covering Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Chaos Space Marines tanks, and a blank datasheet for you to create your own, whatever Chapter you choose.
Narrative Play games are characterised by pre-generated storylines that often take in entire worlds embroiled in war, from the initial invasions to the bloody battles that follow. Chapter Approved provides rules and missions that the players can chain together, following a conflict from the initial spark to its brutal denouement:
- Planetstrike: rules for playing games of devastating planetary assaults, with one player taking the role of attacker and the other defending, each using the new Warlord Traits, Stratagems and detachments designed for this play style. Included are 6 Planetstrike missions, along with 6 examples of common battlefield deployments;
- Stronghold Assault: rules for games in which players fight over fortified war zones, again deciding between them the roles of attacker and defender. This includes unique Abilities, Warlord Traits, Detachments and Stratagems, as well as 6 Stronghold Assault missions;
- Rules are included for linking games together in linear, narrative-led campaigns, with losses and victories deciding advantages in subsequent games;
- Datasheets for the following 11 fortifications: Aegis Defence Line, Imperial Bastion, Imperial Defence Line, Imperial Bunker, Vengeance Weapon Battery, Plasma Obliterator, Firestorm Redoubt, Macro-cannon Aquila Strongpoint, Vortex Missile Aquila Strongpoint, Void Shield Generator, Skyshield Landing Pad.
For many players, the thrill of Warhammer 40,000 is in testing their mettle against equally-powerful opponents in games where the fight is not decided by who has the biggest gun. When battle-forged armies go to war, victory will go to the commander who has fortune, strategy and cunning on their side. Included in this book:
- 6 Eternal War missions, providing challenges such as hidden mission goals and reserve forces storming in, turn after turn, creating havoc on a catastrophic scale;
- 6 Maelstrom of War missions, offering new permutations of the game and introducing fresh challenges äóñ secret orders, strategic gambles and split-second opportunity feature here;
- 4 new Matched Play mission rules, including rules for targeting characters, using understrength units, clarification on the use of the Command Re-roll Stratagem who which unit types can claim objectives;
- Faction rules: additional rules including Stratagems, abilities, Warlord Traits and psychic powers for Adepta Sororitas, Deathwatch, Drukhari, Genestealer Cults, Harlequins, Imperial Knights, Necrons, Orks, Space Wolves, Täó»au Empire, and Thousand Sons;
- A guide to creating your own objective markers, themed to your own army, with examples for Imperial, Chaos, Necrons, Tyranids, Drukhari, Täó»au Empire, and Orks.
The Appendix features a collection of supplementary content which can be used in any games of Warhammer 40,000. Included:
- Rules for a range of terrain, including Deathworld Forests (Eldritch Ruins, Grapple Weed, Shardwrack Spine, and Barbed Venomgorse) and Sector Mechanicus (Haemotrope Reactor, Thermic Plasma Regulators, and Thermic Plasma Conduits);
- Battlezone: Industrial Worlds äóñ use Sector Mechanicus scenery to add height advantages and tap into plasma feeds to increase your weaponsäó» potential;
- Battlezone: Empyric Storms äóñ rules for fighting amidst a violent warp tide, with 36 events that can affect your armies, surroundings and psychic powers;
- A guide to setting up and running Ladder campaigns;
- An explanation of Battle-forged armies, creating Detachments and Army Rosters;
- Updated points values for a variety of units and wargear for both Citadel and Forge World miniatures, based on feedback from the gaming community.