The Adeptus Custodes are the Emperor’s personal guard. For ten thousand years they have stood sentinel over the Master of Mankind and defended the gates of his palace. Yet now the Emperor’s blades are unsheathed. Biochemically fashioned from infancy to function as supreme tacticians, combatants and bodyguards, they are death incarnate to those who oppose the Emperor’s will. Each Custodian is sublimely skilled, their talents and abilities to the Space Marines what those transhuman warriors are to unaugmented Imperial soldiery. The Ten Thousand walk the stars in numbers not seen since the Great Crusade, and woe betide those who stand in their way.
Codex: Adeptus Custodes contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Adeptus Custodes collectors. Within this 80-page hardback, you’ll find:
- Brotherhood of the Demigods: the history of the Adeptus Custodes, from their formation as the Legio Custodes to their increased visibility and wider role in the campaign against Chaos since the Great Rift;
- Detailed descriptions of their deployment during the Horus Heresy, the civil war ten thousand years ago that tore the Imperium in twain, along with details of their role protecting the Emperor’s Golden Throne;
- Shadows and Alchemy: the process by which Adeptus Custodes are created. along with details of their defence of Terra including an overview of the palace itself;
- Rise of the Primarch: an overview of the Gathering Storm, a series of events that saw the Ultramarines Primarch Roboute Guilliman restored to glory and the Adeptus Custodes being sent to aid the Indomitus Crusade;
- A Host of Heroes: the composition of the Adeptus Custodes, and the manner in which they organise themselves for war – far more loosely than other Imperial organisations, but easily as effective;
- Uniforms and Heraldry: examples for 5 shield companies – the Shadowkeepers, the Aquilan Shield, the Dread Host, the Solar Watch and the Emissaries Imperatus;
- The Solar Fastness: while once the invasion of Terra was unthinkable, since the Great Rift things have changed. This section describes the Adeptus Custodes’ defence of the Sol System;
- The Tale of Ten Thousand: a timeline of major events in the Adeptus Custodes’ history;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to an Adeptus Custodes army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get an Adeptus Custodes army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 13 datasheets providing rules for every Adeptus Custodes unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the Adeptus Custodes’ methods of war on the tabletop;
- Armoury of the Adeptus Custodes: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by the Adeptus Custodes;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Auric Mortalis: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 27 unique Stratagems;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits;
- Relics of Terra: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to Adeptus Custodes;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Chapter Approved 2019 is the essential gaming toolbox for all Warhammer 40,000 fans. Whether you're looking to compile all of the rules that have featured in White Dwarf magazine throughout the year, or are looking for something new to expand your gaming experience, this is the perfect gaming supplement for you! Inside this 112-page softback book, you'll find:
- Rules for Spearhead – an expansion centred around tanks and vehicular combat
- Guidelines for linking your games of Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer 40000: Apocalypse
- Loads of new Missions as well as updates to terrain rules and datasheets for certain Chaos Daemons units
- And much, much more…
In addition, you'll also find a separate 56-page book containing all the latest matched play points updates, painstakingly balanced and tuned in conjunction with major tournament organisers and our playtesters.
Whether you like to experiment with new rules, missions and expansions, or combine your campaigns like never before – however you play, Chapter Approved has something for you and is a fitting guide to another incredible year of Warhammer 40,000.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives, and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 66 cards – each featuring artwork on the reverse – is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Adeptus Custodes gamer. Included:
- 27 Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Adeptus Custodes army as found in Codex: Adeptus Custodes, along with 3 Stratagems – Command Re-roll, Counter-Offensive and Insane Bravery – from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 specific Objectives from Codex: Adeptus Custodes.
Sold Out $50.00
The Allarus Custodians deploy with sudden fury to tear the throat from the enemy army. Where a strongpoint must be cracked wide open, a traitor warship boarded or a foul demagogue slain even as he stands amidst his dedicated bodyguards, there are the Allarus Custodians unleashed. These warriors wear suits of Allarus Terminator plate, expertly crafted armour whose worth can be measured in worlds. Their weapons, too, are formidable, guardian spears twice the height of a man, or castellan axes that can lop the head from an Ork psyker with a single blow. Allarus Custodians eliminate key targets, sow anarchy and confusion through unsuspecting forces and completely destabilise the foe’s formations.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a 3-model squad of Allarus Custodians. Each is clad in spectacular, expertly-crafted Allarus Terminator armour – this is covered in finely sculpted sigils of the Emperor, with Imperial eagles, lightning bolts, gemstones and filigree covering every surface. They are armed as standard with with castellan axe and wrist-mounted balistus grenade launcher – each model can replace the axe with a guardian spear, as 3 are included. 4 misericordia daggers are also in the kit, 1 of which is a special variant for a Shield-Captain. 3 helmets and 3 bare heads are included, with 4 helmet plumes.
You have the option to assemble 1 model as a Shield-Captain, using the specific shoulder pads, thigh plates, helmet plume and misericordia supplied, and 1 model can be assembled as a Vexilus Praetor, using the ornate vexilla in the kit.
This kit comes as 73 components, and is supplied with 3 Citadel 40mm Round bases.
Sold Out $38.00
The office of Captain-General is one of the most powerful military appointments in the Imperium. It confers full responsibility for the overall defence of the Sol System, Terra, the Imperial Palace and, ultimately, the Golden Throne and the Emperor himself. Many claim that Trajann Valoris is the greatest warrior to hold the title of Captain-General since the Emperor strode the stars, having proven himself to be dynamic and effective; qualities that make him ideally suite to lead in this age of unprecedented aggression.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Captain-General Trajann Valoris. His armour is elaborate and eye-catching even amongst his Custodes brothers – he wears the Castellan Plate, an ancient suit of powered armour that incorporates a heraldic tilting plate adorned with an eagle’s head emblem and large feathers. This includes a striking cloak made from the hide of a lion, woven through with adamantine thread – the lion’s head and front paws are draped dramatically over his right shoulder. An auramite halo frames his scowling face, and the whole suit is covered in the kind of ornate, sculpted details that set the Adeptus Custodes apart from other Imperial warriors – eagles, gemstones and filigree litter every surface. His main weapon held in his right hand is the Watcher’s Axe, an enormous polearm which incorporates a ferocious master-crafted bolt weapon known as the Eagle’s Scream; he also carries a misericordia and an ancient relic on his belt known as the Moment Shackle.
This kit comes as 19 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round base.
Bright and resplendent in gleaming gold, the Adeptus Custodes stride into war with the confidence their imposing stature gives them. Bullets and shrapnel ricochet from gilded breastplates – these warriors are armoured with the finest wargear, carrying the blessing of the Emperor himself. With their guardian spears they spin, parry and thrust, their immense strength cutting down the enemy as the built-in bolters deal death from afar. The Adeptus Custodes’ minds carry judgment – and their fists carry death.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a set of 5 Adeptus Custodes Custodian Guard, armed with either guardian spears or sentinel blades and storm shields. 1 model can be assembled as a Shield-Captain, featuring a cloak and choice of 2 heads, and 1 can be assembled as a Vexilus Praetors, carrying Custodes Vexilla.
Supplied with 5 Citadel 40mm Round bases.
Custodian Wardens are known amongst their comrades as level-headed and endlessly patient watchmen. Upon accepting the robes that mark their station they swear binding oaths to fight as immovable sentinels, a living fortress of auramite and sinew that no foe will ever breach. Each Warden’s oaths are personal, written by the Custodian himself after a full year’s contemplation in meditation upon the precipitous ledges of the Gallowtower. To break these vows would be worse than death to these warriors, and their determination to uphold them bolsters their already formidable wills to something of truly frightening intensity.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a squad of 5 Custodian Wardens. Easily recognised by the ceremonial robes they wear over their auramite armour, they’re typically splendid to behold – as with all Adeptus Custodes, every surface of their armour is absolutely covered in beautiful sculpted details, with gemstones, eagles, lightning bolts and filigree wherever you look. Each is armed with a choice of either guardian spear or castellan axe, with 5 of each supplied in the kit. The helmets, helmet plumes and thigh plates in the kit are interchangeable, allowing your Wardens to be unique.
The kit can optionally build a Shield-Captain, who has a choice of 2 bare heads, a unique chest plate, unique shoulder pads and his own set of ceremonial robes – he is armed with the choice of castellan axe and guardian spear, and holds a misericordia. As well as this, 1 model can be assembled as a Vexilus Praetor – along with the standard weapon choices he carries a splendid ornate Vexilla.
This kit comes as 78 components, and is supplied with 5 Citadel 40mm Round bases.
Sold Out $60.00
Squads of Vertus Praetors swoop into battle astride powerful Dawneagle jetbikes. Veteran warriors who have seen conflict on a hundred worlds, these Custodians know the true value of speed: not simply to bring the enemy to bear, but to direct their might precisely where and when it is needed most. Wherever they see their comrades hardest pressed, there the Vertus Praetors strike like golden lightning to bolster them. They scream across the battlefield, rapidly outflanking and encircling the heaviest enemy vehicles – even enemy aircraft are not safe, for by combining their fire Vertus Praetors are able to weave airborne webs of flakk into which hurtling enemy craft slam with terminal results.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a squad of 3 Vertus Praetors. Astride their Dawneagle jetbikes, they wear somewhat less bulky armour than the other Adeptus Custodes warriors, in order to maintain lightness – while they are still protected by auramite chest plates, shoulder pads and helmets, they wear woven trousers, boots and robes. The armour that they do wear is covered in finely sculpted sigils of the Emperor, with Imperial eagles, lightning bolts, gemstones and filigree adorning every surface, with the jetbikes they pilot featuring similar details on the aggressively-shaped cowling. The Praetors carry interceptor lances and misericordia, while the Dawneagle jetbikes are armed with a choice of hurricane bolters or salvo launcher – whichever you choose, they’re visible at the front of the vehicle, with the engine and weapon feeds visible in gaps in the cowling. The controls feature a large screen, with plenty of dials and buttons. The kit can also make a Shield-Captain, who is distinguished by his bare head.
This kit comes as 111 components, and is supplied with 3 Citadel 75mm Oval stands, with flying stems.
Sold Out $80.00
The Land Raider is the single most destructive weapon in the Adeptus Astartes' arsenal. Protected by bonded ceramite and adamantium armour, the Land Raider is impervious to all bar the most destructive weaponry. Equally impressive are its armaments - lascannon and heavy bolters allow the Land Raider to deliver punishing support fire capable of decimating enemy infantry and tanks alike.
This box set contains one multi-part plastic Land Raider. This large 101-piece kit can be assembled with the lascannon sponsons towards the front or the back of the vehicle, and has a working assault hatch to the front.
The Contemptor Dreadnoughts of the Custodian Guard are revered relics of the Imperium’s golden age. Each houses a fallen hero of the Adeptus Custodes, a warrior broken in body but not in mind who has opted to fight to his last breath. Articulated in the manner of a human warrior, the Contemptor fights with a deceptive dexterity for its size – onward it pushes, its heavy weapon system laying down a swathe of deadly fire. At close quarters, sweeps of its power fist crush infantry to paste and tear their war engines apart to leave naught but wreckage behind.
This multi-part plastic kit contains all the components necessary to assemble a Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought, armed with a choice of multi-melta or assault cannon.
This kit comprises 14 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 60mm Round base and a Horus Heresy transfer sheet.
There is no time for peace. No forgiveness. No respite. There is only war.
After more than forty thousand years of war and strife among the stars, Humanity stands on the brink of extinction. Beset on all sides by hostile aliens and threatened from within by traitors, Humanity’s only chance for survival rests with the continuation of the cruel and bloody regime known as the Imperium. Yet few among Mankind’s untold population realise the full truth of their situation. If there is any future at all, it is a grim one…
A 280-page hardback, this is the essential book for any fan of Warhammer 40,000 – everything you need to know to collect, build, paint and play with Citadel miniatures.
The Core Rules explain everything you need to play to play Warhammer 40,000. Moving, shooting, using psychic powers, charging, fighting and morale tests are covered, giving you the basic framework to play with. You can play a game using only these 8 pages, bolting on more advanced and complex rules when you and your opponent are ready.
Three Ways to Play
- Open Play – pick some models, put them on the table and begin a game. This is the most flexible approach, designed with near-limitless possibilities; all you need is some models, their datasheets and the core rules. Included are some themes and ideas you can use or build upon to add atmosphere to your games, and 3 example missions.
- Narrative Play – Warhammer 40,000 has a vast, rich history with countless epic battles. Narrative Play is designed to let you and your friends re-enact those battles at your leisure. There are special rules to help you do this, such as Concealed Deployment and unpredictable, random battle lengths, and the book includes several missions - 6 Crucible of War missions and 1 Echoes of War mission, each showing you how to play in this style.
- Matched Play – for many players, Warhammer 40,000 is an opportunity to prove their mettle with tactics and strategy, an exercise in out-thinking and out-gunning their opponent with balanced, equal armies: Matched Play is for them. There are several ways to ensure that your forces are balanced against each other – a points limit is the typical way, but the system is flexible enough to allow armies based on unit numbers, Power Ratings, Wounds; as long as your limits are agreed, the possibilities are manifold. This book provides details on choosing your armies, and provides missions as examples of the tactical challenges available: 6 Eternal War and 6 Maelstrom of War missions, with explanations covering the use of Tactical Objectives.
While the Core Rules provide with you with everything needed to play, the Advanced Rules are a selection of rules and expansions that can be used to play with your miniatures the way that you want to. With these rules, there are always new challenges to face, new battles to fight, and new ways to play:
- Battle-Forged Armies: organise your models in a way that reflects the armies of Warhammer 40,000 – this places restrictions on your army, but makes up for it with powerful benefits, which use a system of Command Points;
- Battlefield Terrain: rules for a variety of terrains (Woods, Ruins, Barricades, Obstacles, Imperial Statuary, Fuel Pipes, Battlescape and Hills), each of which introduce scenarios and opportunities that change the nature of battle;
- Battlezones: rules for fighting amidst the effects of otherworldly environments, including low visibility, beneath an apocalyptic orbital battle and in the middle of a devastating psychic maelstrom;
- Planetstrike: slam down from orbit in a terrifying planetary assault. Two players are separated into Attacker and Defender, with scenarios that play out a full incursion and a Planetfall mission;
- Cities of Death: street fighting in the ruins of a shattered city, with buildings bitterly fought over – the claustrophobia of urban warfare makes for tense battles with snipers and grenades coming to the fore. Includes a Firesweep mission for playing out room-to-room combat;
- Stronghold Assault: dig in for a game of fortified siege warfare. One player seeks to overwhelm the prepared defences of another, with a Bunker Assault mission included;
- Death From the Skies: dogfighting for your Flyer models, allowing the recreation of epic clashes above the battlefield. A Tactical Strike mission involves a defence against a bombing run;
- Multiplayer Battles: rules accommodating three (or more!) players, with an example of a multiplayer battle to work from;
- Campaigns: an overview of linking your games into Tree, Matrix and Map campaigns.
The book contains a full detailing of the state of the galaxy after the events of the Gathering Storm – the major players, the struggles they face and the sheer grimness of eternal war, as Chaos threatens to engulf Humanity.
The Imperium of Man
Details of the various worlds within the Imperium, explanations of the Ecclesiarchy – the official state religion of the Imperium, and the Ages of Mankind, with maps of important locations within the galaxy showing in stark detail how the Great Rift may have doomed Humanity forever.
There’s also an in-depth account of the current state of the Imperium – the increased threat from Chaos and the steps being taken in order to counter them.
The Forces of Chaos
You’ll find an explanation of the Chaos Gods – who they are, their motivations and their methods – along with the vile armies of the Heretic Astartes: Space Marines, once loyal, who now blindly follow the corrupt lure of Chaos, debasing themselves in battle for their dark masters.
The Xenos Threat
This book provides an overview of the major alien antagonists who populate the galaxy – the Aeldari (Craftworld, Harlequins, Ynnari and Drukhari), Necrons, Orks, Tyranids, Genestealer Cults and T’au Empire. Each of these includes their backstory and guides to their equipment, hierarchies and weapons of war.
Chapter Approved 2018 is the essential gaming toolbox for all Warhammer 40,000 fans. Whether you're a loremaster looking to build rich campaigns to matched play maniacs looking for the latest balance updates, or just looking for something completely new, there's something inside to pique your interest. Inside this year’s copy, you’ll find:
- The full beta codex for the Sisters of Battle, letting you join in with the world’s biggest playtest as well as trying the new rules early!
- New profiles, rules and matched play points for the Eight - Commander Farsight’s battlesuit-armoured elite.
- A section on Looted Wagons that lets you design and convert any kind of ramshackle Ork vehicle you can imagine then use it in open play
- The latest matched play points updates, painstakingly balanced and tuned in conjunction with major tournament organisers and our playtesters.
- And much, much more…
Experiment with new rules, build your own characters, try new missions - however you play, Chapter Approved has something for you and is a fitting guide to another incredible year of Warhammer 40,000.
Sold Out $40.00
Releases June 20, 2020
Book 8 of the Psychic Awakening series
The epic Psychic Awakening series continues with War of the Spider. This campaign book features a host of new rules for Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard, Talons of the Emperor and Officio Assassinorum. It also includes background on the web that Fabius Bile spins around the devastated Cadian system as he is pursued by the Death Guard, Adeptus Custodes, Sisters of Silence and multiple teams of Assassins. Will they catch him, or will he escape to continue his twisted experiments?
Inside this 80-page hardback book you'll find:
– Exciting background on how Fabius Bile brings his experiments to the already devastated worlds around the Cadian Gate. Meanwhile, the Death Guard hunt him, seeking to reclaim a mysterious artefact that he stole from them. In the midst of this, the Talons of the Emperor and agents of the Officio Assassinorum seek to end the Spider's reign of terror for once and for all.
– Missions that allow you to recreate some of the most pivotal battles during the conflict, and war zones that let you bring your battles to some of the most distinctive sites that were fought over
– Expanded army rules for Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard, Talons of the Emperor and Officio Assassinorum, including Warlord Traits, Stratagems and Relics
– Includes a new datasheet for Fabius Bile