Adventurer’s League Announcement
During the Year that Was Not, a lot changed with Adventurer’s League. Because of this, we are changing up how Adventurer’s League will be offered at the store. It has taken some time to get things set, but we are ready to announce the return of Adventurer’s League in its new incarnation.
Long time Adventurers are going to notice significant changes. If you have any questions or concerns, you can talk to Michael in store, through Facebook message, through Discord, or call the store.
First things first, we will be running Adventurer’s League on Tuesdays at 7 pm starting November 16th. In the last year, we have had many new Dungeons and Dragons players with interest in Adventurer’s League. Due to this, modules will be run for 2 weeks while we assess the demand and attendance for Adventurer’s League and each table will have a cap at 6 players. For the first few months, we are going to be running modules for level 1-5 characters.
Sign ups will be available 2 weeks before the module is run. Each player may sign up for one session of a particular module. If seats are available at session start time, players who have played the module already in this play period may take an available seat.
The big change to Adventurer’s League at Armada will be a $5 seat fee per player (DMs do not pay to run a game.) This fee is going to be split up and used in the following manner
- $2 per player will be split among the DMs as store credit.
- $1 per player will go into a fund to help us maintain Adventurer’s League. This will include getting new models, maintaining the supplies, and getting more modules.
- $2 per player will go back to the player for drinks and snacks on event day. With this, you could get 2 sodas or waters, chips, or other snacks.
The seat fee must be paid at sign up by cash or card. If you need to cancel your seat reservation, please let us know as early as possible and the entire entry will be returned to your store credit account.
There will be guides available at the store on how to make characters.
The official webpage for player information is: https://dnd.wizards.com/ddal_players
Sign ups will be available on November 2nd for the sessions of November 16th to November 27th.
We are excited for the return of Adventurer’s League and look forward to the stories generated through in store play.
- Why are you charging for Adventurer’s League seats now?
- There are costs involved in maintaining the materials used for Adventurer’s League, including purchasing modules. The seat fee will help defer these costs.
- Will I still be able to sign up for Adventurer’s League through email?
- At this time, sign ups will only be available in store. However, an exception will be made for the first set of modules to allow sign up over the phone. We understand that some players have a long drive to come to the store and do not want to require you to chance not having a seat for a session unless you make an extra trip.
- If I want to sign up myself and my 3 friends, do I need to pay for their seats as well?
- When a player is signed up, the seat fee needs to be paid at that time.
- Can I play at the same table with my friends?
- Of course. Sign ups are available per table, so just make sure you all sign up for the same table.
- What happens if I prepay for a seat and don’t show up for the session?
- When you fail to show up for a reserved seat, you can deprive another player from playing in that session. If the seat is filled by another player, your entry will be returned as store credit to your customer account. If the seat is left empty, $2 will be returned to your customer account. The other $3 will be added to the DM & Improvement pools as above.
- If you know you won’t be able to attend and inform us that you won’t be here at least a half hour before the start of the session, your entire entry will be refunded as store credit to your customer account.
- How can I become a Dungeon Master for Adventurers League?
- Speak to Michael at the store or message him through Discord.