Codex: Tyranids contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Tyranids collectors. Within this 128-page hardback, you’ll find:
- The Destroyer of Worlds: the origins of the Tyranids, from the first recorded appearance of their Hive Fleets to their seemingly-unstoppable advance throughout the galaxy, along with details of the manner in which their Hive Minds operate;
- Invasion Swarms: a step-by-step guide to a Tyranid invasion, from the vanguard organisms who seed initial terror through to the swarms of feeder organisms that ultimately strip entire worlds bare;
- Detailed background of the following Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken and Leviathan, with dramatic recounting of famous battles and colour schemes for each;
- Tendrils of the Great Devourer: Information and colour schemes for a further 6 Hive Fleets – Jormungandr, Hydra, Gorgon, Kronos, Tiamet, and Ouroboris;
- A galactic map showing the currently-known major Tyranid incursions;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Tyranid army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Tyranid army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 39 datasheets containing rules for every Tyranid unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the Tyranids’ methods of war on the tabletop;
- Weapons of the Hive Fleets: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Tyranid Swarms;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- The Shadow in the Warp: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- Hive Fleet Adaptations for the following 7 Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken, Leviathan, Gorgon, Jormungandr, Hydra and Kronos;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits available for any Tyranid commander;
- 7 Warlord Traits specific to the above-named Hive Fleets;
- 28 unique Stratagems;
- Bio-artefacts of the Tyranids: a selection of 12 rare weapons, spawned by the Hive Mind to ensure the galaxy’s doom;
- Hive Mind Discipline: 6 psychic powers available to any Tyranids model with the Psyker keyword;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives, psychic powers and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 74 cards – each featuring artwork on the reverse – is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Tyranids gamer. Included:
- 7 psychic power cards - 6 from the Hive Mind discipline found in Codex: Tyranids, along with Smite;
- 28 Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Tyranids army as found in Codex: Tyranids including 6 which are Hive Fleet-specific, along with 3 Stratagems – Command Re-roll, Counter-Offensive and Insane Bravery – from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 specific Objectives from Codex: Tyranids.
A seemingly numberless horde of ghastly super-predators, adapted bio-weapons optimised for the kill - the Tyranids emerge from the cold darkness of the intergalactic void. They hunt, kill and feed endlessly, stripping the galaxy of all organic matter they encounter, ravenously devouring every morsel of life and leaving nothing but dead, scarred rocks in their wake.
This is a great-value box set that gives you an immediate collection of fantastic Tyranid miniatures, which you can assemble and use right away in games of Warhammer 40,000! You’ll receive a 8 Genestealers, armed with rending claws, a Broodlord, armed with monstrous rending claws and a Trygon, armed with scything talons, toxinspike and prehensile pincer tail – this can optionally be assembled as a Mawloc, featuring distensible jaws in lieu of a toxinspike.
When Tyranids invade, the Broodlord leads his followers into battle, often appearing from sewers or hidden vents to cause untold carnage amongst the enemy army. Incredibly dangerous as with all Tyranids, the Broodlord towers over many, presenting a bulky silhouette of muscle and claws. There is little that can stand in the way of this monster and his attending brood.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble one Tyranid Broodlord, and is supplied with one Citadel 75x42mm Oval base.View full product details
Carnifexes are living engines of destruction; towering monsters of unyielding armoured chitin and knotted alien muscle. They are one of the toughest and deadliest of all a hive fleet’s warrior creatures, their thunderous charges are akin to a living battering ram able to crush enemies and smash through obstacles with ease.
This fantastic value set contains 2 Carnifexes which you can assemble in a variety of poses and multiple weapon options. Each Carnifex comes with two pairs of scything talons; a pair of crushing claws; deathspitter; devourer; stranglethorn cannon; and heavy venom cannon. There are 5 alternate heads and the tail has the choice of thresher scythe or bone mace. You can even make the legendary Carnifex ‘Old One Eye’ should you wish.
This plastic kit contains 110 components with which to make 2 Carnifexes.
These kits come supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.
The Deathleaper was created as Hive Fleet Leviathan's ultimate assassin, but it is much more than that. The Deathleaper is a terror weapon, one created to utterly undermine the enemy's morale and break their will to oppose the swarm. With strong instincts and a relentless skill it is a monstrous predator that toys with its prey.
Ever wondered why Jones is acting strange, or Corporal Brown keeps looking over his shoulder? It's probably because, out of the corner of their eye, they've seen the Deathleaper skulking in the shadows. Even when your opponent thinks they've got it cornered, it can suddenly disappear, only to reappear somewhere else entirely - normally right behind something very important that they don't want to lose. It's fast, deadly and covered in blades, what's not to like?
This pack contains one Deathleaper - a finely detailed resin cast kit that comes in nine components, and is supplied with a 40mm round base. This miniature is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Super Glue and Citadel Paints.
Gargoyles are often the first wave of a Tyranid swarm to be seen in battle. Thus a Tyranid attack is preceded by the beating of thousands of membranous wings as Gargoyle Broods descend upon the foe; blocking out the sun, and spitting death from their fleshborers and caustic venom from their fanged mouths.
This box set contains 10 multi-part plastic Tyranid Gargoyles. Models supplied with small flying bases.
Genestealers are legendarily ferocious close combat opponents, with lightning fast reflexes and deadly claws, capable of ripping through adamantium. They have their own brood telepathy enabling them to function outside the range of the hive mind.
This box set contains eight multi-part plastic Genestealers, and includes a host of additional components allowing you to represent a number of weapon-symbiotes or biomorph enhancements. Models supplied with 25mm round bases.
Harpies are monstrous bioforms that fly with a deftness and agility unattainable by even the most sophisticated fighter-craft. As they soar overhead, they rain clusters of living bombs onto prey worlds and spit death from their forelimbs.
The Harpy can be armed with either a twin-linked stranglethorn cannon or twin-linked venom cannon. There is a unique head featuring a long tongue and head crest and its carapace is distinguished by a series of vertical fins. The tail points upwards and spore mine cysts can be added to the rear of the model. There are also 3 separate spore mines included, each of which has a unique design.
This plastic kit contains 69 components with which to make either a Harpy or Hive Crone.
This kit comes supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints.