Wreathed in warpfire and imbued with boundless empyric energy, the Thousand Sons are the favoured mortal servants of Tzeentch, the Weaver of Destinies. What soul remains in these Heretic Astartes is consumed by a desire to see the Imperium burn. An aura of maddening flux radiates from the psychic core of the Traitor Legion, twisting hope into despair. As their warp presence flares ever brighter, time shifts unnaturally, stretching seconds into seeming eternities and crushing seconds into fleeting moments.The only anchors to reality that remain are the racing heartbeats of the fearful and the incessant pounding of Rubric Marines advancing in perfect unison. Whole swathes of realspace are left burning in the Thousand Sons’ wake, yet each battle is but a single step in a larger plan, a lone ripple in the corrupted stream of fate.
Codex: Thousand Sons contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Thousand Sons collectors. Within this 104-page hardback, you’ll find:
- Legion of Tzeentch: the history of the Thousand Sons, from their formation, the harnessing of the flaw that granted psychic mutations, and their near-destruction during the Horus Heresy at the iconic battle against the Space Wolves on their homeworld of Prospero;
- The Planet of the Sorcerers: details on this nightmarish world of daemons, from which the Thousand Sons launch their raids, and which has been drawn through the veil by Magnus the Red into the Emperor’s domain;
- An overview of the Legion’s organisation, with details of the 9 cults it is divided into;
- Hosts of the Psyker Lords: 12 examples of the uniforms, colour schemes and iconography of Thousand Sons sects; - A galactic map featuring key flashpoints and summoning rituals of the Thousand Sons;
- The Prism of Warfare: details of the sinister methods of war that these warriors mete out;
- A timeline covering major battles and events in their history, from the Horus Heresy to the Great Rift;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Thousand Sons army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Thousand Sons army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 26 datasheets providing rules for every Thousand Sons unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the Thousand Sons’ methods of war on the tabletop;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Sons of Magnus: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 3 Psychic disciplines – Discipline of Change, Dark Hereticus Discipline and Tzeentch Discipline – each featuring 6 psychic powers;
- 22 unique Stratagems;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits;
- Sorcerous Arcana: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to Thousand Sons;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives, psychic powers and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 80 cards – each featuring artwork on the reverse – is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Thousand Sons gamer. Included:
- 22 Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Thousand Sons army as found in Codex: Thousand Sons, along with 3 Stratagems – Command Re-roll, Counter-Offensive and Insane Bravery – from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
- 19 psychic power cards: 1 Smite, and 18 split over 3 psychic disciplines – Discipline of Change, Dark Hereticus Discipline and Tzeentch Discipline – each featuring 6 psychic powers;
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 specific Objectives from Codex: Thousand Sons.
For ten thousand years, the seeker of arcane truths known as Ahriman has roamed the galaxy in a quest to acquire every artefact, every tome and every scroll that harbours eldritch powers. Worlds burn in his shadow as he plucks these treasures from their owners by any means necessary. Resistance is the last error his enemies can make – Tzeentchian magic reshapes reality around them, a pass of the Black Staff twisting their bodies unnaturally until nothing remains but bubbling flesh. Ahriman, lord of a broken Legion; his determination is such that destiny itself bends to his whim.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble Ahriman, Arch-Sorcerer of the Thousand Sons. Armed with an Inferno bolt pistol and the Black Staff of Ahriman, he comes elevated upon a Disc of Tzeentch. Supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round base.
Twisted arcanists, wicked of intent and strange of form, Exalted Sorcerers have an encyclopædic knowledge of spells and are able to bend reality to their desires. Amongst their number are warrior-mystics that have stalked the galaxy for ten thousand years – to these masters of the esoteric, matters of war are a crass distraction, but these visionaries bring a terrible focus to bear when battle rages. Enemies are torn to shreds by devastating magical barrages, hideously changed, twisted and distorted as the most ill-fated Chaos Spawn.
This multi-part plastic kit contains all the parts necessary to make 3 Exalted Sorcerers, each armed with Inferno bolt pistols and force staves. The kit includes 6 different chest plates, 7 different heads and a Disc of Tzeentch – this can be modelled upside down with different visible details, and includes magic flame for elevation. Supplied with 3 32mm Round bases and 1 40mm Round base.
Stepping out from the fog of war come the Rubricae. Many of these undying warriors were psykers in their own right, before an ancient curse damned them to an eternity as living husks – their baroque power armour now contains nothing but sparkling dust. In battle, a malevolent witch-light crackles around the eyes of these traitor Space Marines as they open fire on those they would have once called brothers. Their infernal weaponry spits plumes of warpfire into the ranks of the foe, flesh and molten armour exploding in all directions as salvo after salvo hits home.
This multi-part plastic kit contains all the parts necessary to assemble 10 Rubric Marines, armed with either Inferno boltguns or warpflamers. One model can be armed with a soulreaper cannon, one can carry an Icon of Flame, and one can be assembled as an Aspiring Sorcerer, who is armed with a force stave and either an Inferno bolt pistol or warpflame pistol. Supplied with 10 Citadel 32mm Round bases.v
Scarab Occult Terminators were once the finest psykers in the Thousand Sons Legion, bodyguards to Magnus the Red himself. Reduced to dust along with their brethren, they now possess only an echo of their previous intellect. They stride into battle at the behest of their sorcerous masters, advancing with an eerie, stoic calm; clad in ornate armour, they bear down on the foe in near-silence until their weaponry is unleashed. Then, the sickening sound of khopesh blades and Inferno combi-bolters tearing into flesh rings out, delivering death to those who insult the warriors of Prospero with their resistance.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble 5 Scarab Occult Terminators, armed with Inferno combi-bolters and khopesh blades. One model can be assembled with an included heavy warpflamer, soulreaper cannon or hellfyre missile rack. One model can be assembled as a Scarab Occult Sorcerer, who can exchange his combi-bolter for an included power sword. Supplied with 5 Citadel 40mm Round bases.
Tzaangors are bright of colouration and sharp of intellect. Their beaks clack as they chant blasphemous refrains in their dark tongues, gimlet eyes glowing in their aquiline skulls. They look to transcend their existences by seeking out the most powerful artefacts and priceless relics – in serving sorcerous masters, they may earn the chance to elevate themselves. However, a cruel streak resides within the soul of every Tzaangor, and their artistic pretensions are often set aside in favour of sheer, shocking brutality.
This multi-part plastic kit contains all the components necessary to assemble 10 Tzaangors, armed with either 2 close combat weapons or an autopistol and chainsword. One model can be assembled as a Twistbray, with his own head options. Supplied with 10 Citadel 32mm Round bases.
Casting vindictive glares at their enemies and blasting them apart with mystical fire, Blue Horrors are as resentful and bitter as their pink cousins are gleeful and capricious. Muttering glumly, Blue Horrors cast azure flames from their fingertips, stomping and protesting as they do so. Should a Blue Horror be slain, it groans and flashes into flame as a pair of Brimstone Horrors replaces it.
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble 10 pairs of Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch. Tiny creatures of pure malice, they caper about on their bases just as you would expect those made of fire to do. Also included are the parts you need to make 10 Blue Horrors of Tzeentch. Eyes full of fury and large mouths full of teeth, some pose with their talons outstretched to hack at their foe, others wield magical flames that dance about their fingertips. Covered in decorations, jewellery and feathers, they also include flames for their bases.
This kit comprises 40 components, and is supplied with 20 Citadel 25mm Round bases.
Mind and will completely dissolved into blankness by the corrupting influence of Chaos, the Chaos Spawn lurch and stagger into battle with twisted limbs flailing. Dangerous and unpredictable, the only process left in their brain is the desire to kill - and they do so with a disturbing strength, lashing out at a horrified foe with unnatural strength.
This multi-part plastic kit contains two wretched Chaos Spawn, featuring a wide variety of optional parts for customization and personalisation! Supplied with two Citadel 50mm Round bases.