The ground shakes as the Imperial Knights march to war. Guided by a Noble pilot, an Imperial Knight moves with a speed and grace that should not be possible from such a towering engine of war. Enemy fire pinging harmlessly off its thick armour, ion shields flashing with brilliant light, the Imperial Knight unleashes incredibly powerful weaponry, able to wipe entire battalions off the map with a single volley of explosive chain-gun fire. Should any enemy survive this bullet hell, the Knight also wields terrifying close-combat capabilities – smashing through the thickest armour with its enormous gauntlets and crushing foes under its massive feet. To see a squadron of Imperial Knights is to gaze upon the full splendour – and might – of the Imperium.
Codex: Imperial Knights contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Imperial Knights collectors. Within this 120-page hardback, you’ll find:
- The story of the Imperial Knights, from the founding of the Knight worlds during Mankind’s first great exodus to the establishment of these towering engines of war as a symbol of colonial expansion, and their symbiotic relationship with the forge worlds of the Adeptus Mechanicus;
- Background on the Questor Imperialis worlds, which vary enormously in appearance, conditions and even culture, but whose Noble houses will ally themselves in times of need;
- Background on the Questor Mechanicus worlds, where Knight worlds have forged alliances with the Adeptus Mechanicus, offering their services in return for shared technology;
- Knights At War: the time-honoured strategies and tactics that have ensured Knightly victories for millennia are detailed here, along with details of some Knight classes and descriptions of both Questor Imperialis and Questor Mechanicus Great Houses;
- Illustrated examples of Questor Imperialis heraldry and its application, with background, mottoes and key heraldry for the following Houses: House Terryn, House Cadmus, House Griffith, House Hawkshroud, and House Mortan;
- Illustrated examples of Questor Mechanicus heraldry and its application, with background, mottoes and key heraldry for the following Houses: House Raven, House Vulker, House Taranis, and House Krast;
- The story of the Freeblade Knights, who wander alone amongst the stars – sometimes by choice, often due to being forsaken. This includes 7 illustrated examples;
- Knight Worlds of the Imperium: a galactic map showing Knight worlds, forge worlds and Dark Mechanicum forge worlds;
- A Tapestry of Glories: a timeline of battles and major events in the history of the Imperial Knights;
- Background on each unit available to an Imperial Knight army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Chapter Approved 2019 is the essential gaming toolbox for all Warhammer 40,000 fans. Whether you're looking to compile all of the rules that have featured in White Dwarf magazine throughout the year, or are looking for something new to expand your gaming experience, this is the perfect gaming supplement for you! Inside this 112-page softback book, you'll find:
- Rules for Spearhead – an expansion centred around tanks and vehicular combat
- Guidelines for linking your games of Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer 40000: Apocalypse
- Loads of new Missions as well as updates to terrain rules and datasheets for certain Chaos Daemons units
- And much, much more…
In addition, you'll also find a separate 56-page book containing all the latest matched play points updates, painstakingly balanced and tuned in conjunction with major tournament organisers and our playtesters.
Whether you like to experiment with new rules, missions and expansions, or combine your campaigns like never before – however you play, Chapter Approved has something for you and is a fitting guide to another incredible year of Warhammer 40,000.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 79 cards – each featuring artwork on the reverse – is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Imperial Knights gamer. Included:
- 29 Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Imperial Knights army as found in Codex: Imperial Knights (including 6 exclusive to Imperial Knights), along with 2 Stratagems – Command Re-roll and Counter-Offensive – from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 specific Tactical Objectives from Codex: Imperial Knights;
- 6 Freeblade Qualities;
- 6 Freeblade Burdens.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of movement, weapon skill and ballistic skill in games of Warhammer 40,000 without needing to refer to the Codex, this set of 11 large-format datasheet cards – each featuring the rules for Imperial Knights units on one side and artwork on the reverse – and 2 sheets of punched card tokens is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Imperial Knights gamer. Included:
- 11 datasheets covering every unit available to the Imperial Knights;
- 2 sheets of punched card tokens, including 15 tokens for tracking movement, weapon skill and ballistic skill during games, 6 Warlord Trait tokens and 9 Household Warlord Trait tokens.