Swift beyond belief and impossibly agile, Harlequins flow through battle like silk streamers in a hurricane. As they close with the foe, the Players are in constant motion, a riot of prismatic colour that dazzles the senses. The oncoming Harlequins sprint, leap and weave, the blades and blasts of their terrified enemy whistling around them to little effect. To the untrained eye, the onset of a Harlequin masque is a riotous confusion of sound, colour and violence that to the refined Aeldari senses reveals clear patterns. Every moment is orchestrated, every Player knows implicitly how and when their comrades will strike. This is war made art and art made war, battle fought with perfect rhythm and meaning, and it is as lethal as it is spectacular.
View full product details
Codex: Harlequins contains a wealth of background and rules äóñ the definitive book for Harlequins collectors. Within this 80-page hardback, youäó»ll find:
- A history of the Harlequins, covering the tragic fall of the Aeldari and the Harlequinsäó» worship of Cegorach, a trickster god who escaped the fate of the other gods äóñ thus protecting his worshippers from the terrible predations of Slaanesh;
- Weapons of the Lethal Art: an array of elegant, deadly weapons and wargear employed by the Harlequins; - The Great Stage: a galactic map featuring the locations of Craftworlds, webway gates, Exodite worlds and certain planets of interest to the Harlequins äóñ Imperial and Necron;
- The Black Library: a description of this fabled realm within the webway, containing the sum total of Aeldari knowledge, which the Harlequins protect;
- Harlequin Masques: the structure and organisation of a Masque, an army and company of players both, the collectives by which Harlequins wage war, including examples of numerical runes and Troupe markings;
- Descriptions of 10 Masques and their iconic runes äóñ The Midnight Sorrow, The Veiled Path, The Frozen Stars, The Dreaming Shadow, The Soaring Spite, The Silent Shroud, The Dance Without End, The Twisted Path, The Shattered Mirage, and The Reaperäó»s Mirth;
- The Dance of Ages: a timeline of major events and battles in the history of the Harlequins, from the Fall to the present times;
- Background on each unit available to a Harlequins army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Harlequins army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 9 datasheets providing rules for using every Harlequins unit in your games of Warhammer 40,000 äóñ including the Webway Gate, an Aeldari scenery piece;
- Weapons of the Masques: profiles for all weapons and wargear of the Harlequins, ranged and close-combat - Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Wayfarers of the Labyrinth: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 6 Masque Forms: bonus abilities specific to the following Masques äóñ The Midnight Sorrow, The Veiled Path, The Frozen Stars, The Soaring Spite, The Dreaming Shadow and The Silent Shroud;
- 25 unique Stratagems, including 5 for the following specific Masques äóñ The Frozen Stars, The Dreaming Shadow, The Soaring Spite, The Midnight Sorrow, The Veiled Path and The Silent Shroud;
- Enigmas of the Black Library: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to the Harlequins;
- Phantasmancy Discipline: 6 psychic powers specific to Harlequins models with the Psyker keyword;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits for the Harlequins with a further 6 for the following Masques: The Frozen Stars, The Dreaming Shadow, The Soaring Spite, The Midnight Sorrow, The Veiled Path and The Silent Shroud;
- 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Harlequins.
ŒæDesigned to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 71 cards äóñ each featuring artwork on the reverse äóñ is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Harlequins gamer. Included:
View full product details
- 25 Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Harlequins army as found in Codex: Harlequins, along with 3 Stratagems äóñ Command Re-roll, Counter-Offensive and Insane Bravery äóñ from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
- 7 Psychic Powers; 6 from the Phantasmancy Discipline, along with Smite;
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 specific Tactical Objectives from Codex: Harlequins.
One of five books covering the range of Citadel miniatures used to play games of Warhammer 40,000, Index: Xenos 1 is an essential purchase for those wanting to play games of Warhammer 40,000, packed with updated rules and complete points values for Aeldari äóñ Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar and Harlequins äóñ or Necron armies*.
It contains 124 datasheets covering the range of Aeldari and Necron miniatures, with overviews of each army. Updated abilities, psychic powers, wargear, weapon profiles and points values allow you to field your collection in games of Warhammer 40,000. Thereäó»s also a blank army roster and detachment roster, which you are free to photocopy and use when building a Battle-Forged army in Matched Play games.
Covered in the 128-page softback book:
- An overview of the Craftworld Aeldari (formerly Eldar);
- A Craftworlds army list, with an explanation of the Craftworld keyword, the Runes of Battle and Runes of Fate psychic disciplines and the Battle Focus and Ancient Doom Abilities; - 45 datasheets for Craftworld Aeldari miniatures.
- An overview of the Drukhari (formerly Dark Eldar);
- A Drukhari army list, with an explanation of the Kabal, Wych Cult and Haemonculus Coven keyword and the Power From Pain and Combat Drugs Abilities;
- 32 datasheets for Drukhari miniatures.
- An overview of the Harlequins;
- A Harlequins army list, with an explanation of the Masque keyword, the Phantasmancy psychic discipline and the Rising Crescendo Ability;
- 8 datasheets for Harlequins miniatures.
- An overview of the Ynnari (an Eldar alliance of followers of Ynnead introduced in the Gathering Storm);
- An Ynnari army list, with an explanation of the Reborn keyword, the Revenant psychic disciplineand the Strength From Death Ability
- 3 datasheets for Ynnari miniatures.
- An overview of the Necrons.
- A Necrons army list, with an explanation of the Dynasty keyword, Reanimation Protocols, Living Metal, and Powers of the C'Tan Abilities;
- 36 datasheets for Necron miniatures.
*Ork, Täó»au Empire, Tyranid and Genestealer Cults armies are covered in Index: Xenos 2.