Chanting rites of banishment, the elite brotherhoods of the Grey Knights stride fearlessly into battle against the worst horrors of the galaxy. They wear blessed silver battle-plate and wield potent weapons of purgation, each a master-wrought relic whose worth can be measured in worlds. Every battle-brother of this Chapter is a powerful psyker, his will an adamant fortress and his mental powers a honed blade. As the galaxy becomes ever darker, the selflessly heroic Grey Knights fight unbowed.
Codex: Grey Knights contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Grey Knights collectors. Within this 102-page hardback, you’ll find:
- The Emperor’s Gift: a glimpse into the mysteries of the Grey Knights, their secretive history, the fortress on Titan where they are created and laid to rest and the rituals and canticles that define their struggle against daemonkind; - The unique organisation of the Grey Knights – defined by their struggle against the Dark Gods, this Chapter is split into 8 Brotherhoods, each detailed here;
- Heraldry of Titan: details of the unique heraldry and armour etchings borne by this Chapter;
- A timeline of the Grey Knights, from their origins beneath a veil of secrecy, major battles and struggles leading up to the current dire state of the galaxy – and the Grey Knights’ potential, drastic strategic response to this;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Grey Knights army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the Grey Knights expertly painted by the ‘Eavy Metal team.
Everything you need to get a Grey Knights army primed for heroic combat against the daemonic threat in games of Warhammer 40,000 is here:
- 32 datasheets containing rules for every Grey Knights unit;
- Army abilities reflecting the Grey Knights’ methods of war;
- The Armoury of Titan: wargear both ranged and close-combat used by the Grey Knights;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- The Hammer of Daemons: rules for Battle-forged armies:
- 6 unique Warlord Traits,
- 16 unique Stratagems (with a focus on the psychic might of this army),
- the Relics of Titan (6 rare artefacts unique to the Grey Knights),
- the unique Sanctis psychic discipline, available to all Grey Knights psykers;
Chapter Approved 2019 is the essential gaming toolbox for all Warhammer 40,000 fans. Whether you're looking to compile all of the rules that have featured in White Dwarf magazine throughout the year, or are looking for something new to expand your gaming experience, this is the perfect gaming supplement for you! Inside this 112-page softback book, you'll find:
- Rules for Spearhead – an expansion centred around tanks and vehicular combat
- Guidelines for linking your games of Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer 40000: Apocalypse
- Loads of new Missions as well as updates to terrain rules and datasheets for certain Chaos Daemons units
- And much, much more…
In addition, you'll also find a separate 56-page book containing all the latest matched play points updates, painstakingly balanced and tuned in conjunction with major tournament organisers and our playtesters.
Whether you like to experiment with new rules, missions and expansions, or combine your campaigns like never before – however you play, Chapter Approved has something for you and is a fitting guide to another incredible year of Warhammer 40,000.
Designed to make it easier to keep track of Tactical Objectives, psychic powers and Stratagems in games of Warhammer 40,000, this set of 62 cards – each featuring artwork on the reverse – is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of any Grey Knights gamer. Included:
- 7 psychic power cards - 6 from the Sanctic psychic discipline, along with Smite;
- 16 Grey Knights Stratagems available to any Battle-forged Grey Knights army as found in Codex: Grey Knights (excluding auxillary Detachments), along with 3 Stratagems – Command Re-roll, Counter-Offensive and Insane Bravery – from the Warhammer 40,000 rules, available to any army;
- 36 Tactical Objectives, including the 6 Grey Knights specific Objectives from Codex: Grey Knights.
There is no time for peace. No forgiveness. No respite. There is only war.
After more than forty thousand years of war and strife among the stars, Humanity stands on the brink of extinction. Beset on all sides by hostile aliens and threatened from within by traitors, Humanity’s only chance for survival rests with the continuation of the cruel and bloody regime known as the Imperium. Yet few among Mankind’s untold population realise the full truth of their situation. If there is any future at all, it is a grim one…
A 280-page hardback, this is the essential book for any fan of Warhammer 40,000 – everything you need to know to collect, build, paint and play with Citadel miniatures.
The Core Rules explain everything you need to play to play Warhammer 40,000. Moving, shooting, using psychic powers, charging, fighting and morale tests are covered, giving you the basic framework to play with. You can play a game using only these 8 pages, bolting on more advanced and complex rules when you and your opponent are ready.
Three Ways to Play
- Open Play – pick some models, put them on the table and begin a game. This is the most flexible approach, designed with near-limitless possibilities; all you need is some models, their datasheets and the core rules. Included are some themes and ideas you can use or build upon to add atmosphere to your games, and 3 example missions.
- Narrative Play – Warhammer 40,000 has a vast, rich history with countless epic battles. Narrative Play is designed to let you and your friends re-enact those battles at your leisure. There are special rules to help you do this, such as Concealed Deployment and unpredictable, random battle lengths, and the book includes several missions - 6 Crucible of War missions and 1 Echoes of War mission, each showing you how to play in this style.
- Matched Play – for many players, Warhammer 40,000 is an opportunity to prove their mettle with tactics and strategy, an exercise in out-thinking and out-gunning their opponent with balanced, equal armies: Matched Play is for them. There are several ways to ensure that your forces are balanced against each other – a points limit is the typical way, but the system is flexible enough to allow armies based on unit numbers, Power Ratings, Wounds; as long as your limits are agreed, the possibilities are manifold. This book provides details on choosing your armies, and provides missions as examples of the tactical challenges available: 6 Eternal War and 6 Maelstrom of War missions, with explanations covering the use of Tactical Objectives.
While the Core Rules provide with you with everything needed to play, the Advanced Rules are a selection of rules and expansions that can be used to play with your miniatures the way that you want to. With these rules, there are always new challenges to face, new battles to fight, and new ways to play:
- Battle-Forged Armies: organise your models in a way that reflects the armies of Warhammer 40,000 – this places restrictions on your army, but makes up for it with powerful benefits, which use a system of Command Points;
- Battlefield Terrain: rules for a variety of terrains (Woods, Ruins, Barricades, Obstacles, Imperial Statuary, Fuel Pipes, Battlescape and Hills), each of which introduce scenarios and opportunities that change the nature of battle;
- Battlezones: rules for fighting amidst the effects of otherworldly environments, including low visibility, beneath an apocalyptic orbital battle and in the middle of a devastating psychic maelstrom;
- Planetstrike: slam down from orbit in a terrifying planetary assault. Two players are separated into Attacker and Defender, with scenarios that play out a full incursion and a Planetfall mission;
- Cities of Death: street fighting in the ruins of a shattered city, with buildings bitterly fought over – the claustrophobia of urban warfare makes for tense battles with snipers and grenades coming to the fore. Includes a Firesweep mission for playing out room-to-room combat;
- Stronghold Assault: dig in for a game of fortified siege warfare. One player seeks to overwhelm the prepared defences of another, with a Bunker Assault mission included;
- Death From the Skies: dogfighting for your Flyer models, allowing the recreation of epic clashes above the battlefield. A Tactical Strike mission involves a defence against a bombing run;
- Multiplayer Battles: rules accommodating three (or more!) players, with an example of a multiplayer battle to work from;
- Campaigns: an overview of linking your games into Tree, Matrix and Map campaigns.
The book contains a full detailing of the state of the galaxy after the events of the Gathering Storm – the major players, the struggles they face and the sheer grimness of eternal war, as Chaos threatens to engulf Humanity.
The Imperium of Man
Details of the various worlds within the Imperium, explanations of the Ecclesiarchy – the official state religion of the Imperium, and the Ages of Mankind, with maps of important locations within the galaxy showing in stark detail how the Great Rift may have doomed Humanity forever.
There’s also an in-depth account of the current state of the Imperium – the increased threat from Chaos and the steps being taken in order to counter them.
The Forces of Chaos
You’ll find an explanation of the Chaos Gods – who they are, their motivations and their methods – along with the vile armies of the Heretic Astartes: Space Marines, once loyal, who now blindly follow the corrupt lure of Chaos, debasing themselves in battle for their dark masters.
The Xenos Threat
This book provides an overview of the major alien antagonists who populate the galaxy – the Aeldari (Craftworld, Harlequins, Ynnari and Drukhari), Necrons, Orks, Tyranids, Genestealer Cults and T’au Empire. Each of these includes their backstory and guides to their equipment, hierarchies and weapons of war.
Chapter Approved 2018 is the essential gaming toolbox for all Warhammer 40,000 fans. Whether you're a loremaster looking to build rich campaigns to matched play maniacs looking for the latest balance updates, or just looking for something completely new, there's something inside to pique your interest. Inside this year’s copy, you’ll find:
- The full beta codex for the Sisters of Battle, letting you join in with the world’s biggest playtest as well as trying the new rules early!
- New profiles, rules and matched play points for the Eight - Commander Farsight’s battlesuit-armoured elite.
- A section on Looted Wagons that lets you design and convert any kind of ramshackle Ork vehicle you can imagine then use it in open play
- The latest matched play points updates, painstakingly balanced and tuned in conjunction with major tournament organisers and our playtesters.
- And much, much more…
Experiment with new rules, build your own characters, try new missions - however you play, Chapter Approved has something for you and is a fitting guide to another incredible year of Warhammer 40,000.